Wyche’s mergers and acquisitions practice group has a wealth of experience. In our long history, we have assisted regional, national, and multinational companies in investigating, structuring, and consummating sophisticated transactions. We regularly represent clients with respect to mergers, asset acquisitions and sales, stock acquisitions and sales, reorganizations, and joint ventures, as well as related financing transactions. Our clients range in size from smaller private companies to large public corporations.
Our depth of knowledge, skill, and experience in merger and acquisition transactions is unparalleled. We pride ourselves on our ability to add valuable insight into the issues that our clients face and to guide our clients smoothly to favorable outcomes, regardless of the complexity or sophistication of the transaction.
We value each transaction that our clients entrust to us, and we strive to:
- Acquire a deep understanding of the client’s business and the objectives of the transaction
- Help identify and create a deal structure that best accomplishes those objectives
- Identify early in the process the most significant risks, and develop ways to mitigate those risks
- Address likely impediments to timely consummation of the transaction
- Apply our experience to assist the client in developing negotiation strategies to obtain favorable deal terms
- Manage the transaction process to facilitate the closing of the transaction on time
- Anticipate and respond quickly to the client’s needs and wishes
Wyche has the experience and flexibility to staff each transaction appropriately, depending on each deal’s characteristics and our client’s preference. It is not our practice to assign a large staff to a deal solely for the purpose of having a large staff, and our lawyers are comfortable taking a transaction from start to finish on their own. However, when the sophistication and complexity of a deal calls for it, we have the depth to field a larger team of attorneys. We draw on attorneys from other practice groups, such as employment, employee benefits, antitrust, environmental, tax, intellectual property, and real estate, as appropriate to meet the client’s needs.
We understand that the client’s goal is to see the deal analyzed, negotiated, and closed. We are dedicated to providing the client with analysis, advice, and solutions that are understandable, practical, and useful. Over the years, we have delivered this for our clients time and again, and we remain committed to doing so in the future.
Representative matters include:
- Represented a publicly traded restaurant chain in merger with another restaurant chain for approximately $750 million in cash.
- Represented the founders of a private company who had built their business over 20 years in selling a majority interest to two private equity firms for over $50 million.
- Represented a publicly traded apparel company in multiple acquisitions of privately held apparel companies, including a stock purchase transaction for $85 million in cash and additional earnout payments, an asset purchase transaction for $22.5 million in cash and seller financing and additional earnout payments, and an asset purchase transaction for $20 million in cash. Also represented company in obtaining financing for transactions through a credit facility and subsequent amendments to the credit facility.
- Represented publicly traded industrial company in merger with another industrial company for consideration in the form of common stock registered on Form S-4 valued at approximately $150 million on the date of issuance.
- Represented owners of upscale student apartment complex in sale transaction for $13.5 million in cash.