|1988, J.D.||Yale Law School, Yale Journal of International Law, Book Review Editor, 1986-87; Yale Law Journal, Notes Topic Editor, 1987-88|
|1985, B.A.||Millsaps College, with high honors; Omicron Delta Kappa|
- Best Lawyers® Recognizes Wyche Attorneys Among the Best in America
- Twenty Wyche Attorneys Recognized by South Carolina Super Lawyers
- Wyche Attorney Jo Hackl Receives the Community Foundation of Greenville's Ruth Alexander Nicholson Award
- Wyche Lawyer Jo Hackl Receives ATHENA Leadership Award at Greenville Chamber Annual Meeting
- "Top-tier Leaders Lend Experience, Expertise to Liberty Fellows"
- Jo Hackl Named One of the 50 Most Influential in Greenville for the Second Year in a Row
- Jo Hackl Named One of the 50 Most Influential in Greenville for 2010
- GADC Selects Jo Watson Hackl of the Wyche Law Firm to Chair the Board of Directors
- Represented an international public company in connection with a shelf registration statement covering up to $750 million of common stock, preferred stock, depositary shares, stock purchase contracts, stock purchase units, warrants, debt securities and trust preferred securities.
- Represented an international public company in connection with 144A private placement of $400 million of notes and subsequent registered exchange offering.
- Represented an international public company in connection with a $250 million offering of floating rate notes. This offering was a takedown from the shelf registration statement described above.
- Represented a public company in connection with a tender offer and consent solicitation relating to its Senior Notes (approximately $31 million in aggregate amount then outstanding).
|1988–89||Law Clerk, Hon. Robert S. Vance, United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit|
- Alabama Bar, 1990
- South Carolina Bar, 1990
- Greenville Area Development Corporation, Past Chair and Board Member
- The Community Foundation of Greenville, Past Chair and Board Member
- Liberty Fellowship, Senior Advisor
- The Emrys Foundation, Past President and Board Member
- Camperdown Academy Board of Directors
- Leadership Greenville, Class XIX; past Forum President
- Children's Museum of the Upstate, past Member of the Board of Directors
- Peace Center for the Performing Arts: Philanthropist of the Year, 2002; past Member of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- United Way of Greenville, Board of Directors
- Former Greenville County Human Relations Commissioner appointed by County Council
- Greenville Professional Women's Forum, Past President
- Diversity Leadership Institute Fellow
- Aspen Global Leadership Institute Fellow
- Founding Mentor, NEXT Venture Mentoring Service
- Mentor, Greenville Chamber Pacesetter Program
- Judges Panel, Upstate Business Journal "Who's Who" Awards, 2015
- Greenville Technical College Area Commission, 2015
- Board Member, Greenville Center for Creative Arts (GCCA), 2015/2016
- Panelist for The Greenville Chamber's 2013 PULSE Leadership Luncheon, "Perspectives on Building Capacity in the Workplace, PULSE, and the Community"
- A New Generation in Legal Literacy: Review of Jo S. Kittinger’s Breath of Hope, Clearinghouse Review, November-December 2012
- Panelist for “Power Surge: Maximizing the Board Chair/Executive Director Relationship” presented by DNA Creative Communications in conjunction with the Community Foundation of Greenville, the Hollingsworth Funds, Inc., and the United Way of Greenville County
- "Most Common Questions and Answers about Ethics Programs", as heard on "South Carolina Business Review"
- "Ten Questions to Ask Before Joining a Private Company or Non-Profit Board", as heard on "South Carolina Business Review"
- "Most Common Questions and Answers about Positioning Your Company for a Possible IPO", as heard on "South Carolina Business Review"
- Co-author, "State Takeover Statutes and Shareholder Wealth; An Empirical Study," Yale Law Journal, 1988
|2017||Named Greenville Corporate Law "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers®|
|2016||Named the Greenville Corporate Governance Law "Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers®|
|2015 - Present||Listed in South Carolina Super Lawyers|
|2013||Recipient of the Community Foundation's Ruth Nicholson Award|
|2013||Winner of the Greenville Chamber's ATHENA Leadership Award|
|2013||Selected as a finalist for the United Way Mentor of the Year Award|
|2013||Martindale-Hubbell AV rated|
|2010 - 2011||Selected as one of Greenville Business Magazine's 50 Most Influential|
|2010||Selected as a Woman of Achievement by the YWCA|
|1995||Recipient of the Greenville Bar Association Richard Riley Pro Bono Award|
|1994||Selected as one of 35 in the inaugral class of "Best and Brightest" by Greenville Magazine|
|1988||Israel H. Peres Award for best student writing in the Yale Law Journal|