|1987, J.D.||Yale Law School, The Yale Law Journal, Managing Editor, 1986-87|
|1984||Fulbright Scholar, Dortmund, Germany|
|1983, B.S.||Wake Forest University, summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa, A.D. Ward Medal|
- Eighteen Wyche Attorneys Named to the 2019 Best Lawyers List
- Nineteen Wyche Attorneys Recognized as Greenville's "Legal Elite"
- Ted Gentry Named to the GLOW Lyric Theatre Board of Directors
- Twenty-Two Wyche Attorneys Named to the 2018 Best Lawyers List
- Wyche, P.A. Recognized as a Leading Law Firm by Chambers USA
- Sixteen Wyche Attorneys Recognized by South Carolina Super Lawyers
- Ted Gentry Named to the South Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees
- Wyche Attorneys Named Among Greenville's "Legal Elite"
- Ted Gentry Elected Chair of Wyche Executive Committee
- Pitts v. Jackson National Life Insurance: Defended this insurance practices class action in state court in South Carolina. After conditional certification of a class, obtained summary judgment on the merits, which was upheld on appeal.
- Cook v. Liberty Life: Defended insurance company in this insurance contract interpretation class action. We obtained summary judgment on the merits.
- Stoddard v. Smart Corporation and Hiller v. Smart Corporation. Represented defendant in these two antitrust class actions – one in federal court, one in state court – alleging monopolistic practices in the copying of medical records. We obtained summary judgment on the merits in both cases.
- Spartanburg Regional Hospital System v. Hillenbrand: Worked actively as local counsel in defending this antitrust class action, which alleged antitrust violations arising out of alleged "bundled discounts."
- Peacock v. Thomas. Obtained 8–1 victory in the United States Supreme Court in this appeal arising out of an ERISA claim.
- Klein v. Video Update. Obtained seven-figure award on behalf of executive in suit over unpaid wages.
- Obtained summary judgment for college in contract claim by professory alleging failure to consider tenure
- Obtained summary judgment for college in tort claim brought by ROTC instructor against college and one of its deans
- Obtained preliminary injunction preventing attempted removal of clients as trustees of private college
- Advised generally on a wide range of concerns, including FERPA, student discipline, Clery Act compliance, Title IX compliance and litigation, relationships with supporting organizations and entities, and articles and bylaws revisions
Ted has participated in a number of Sarbanes-Oxley retaliation cases.
|1988–91||Associate, Shea & Gardner, Washington, DC|
|1987–88||Law Clerk, Hon. Laurence H. Silberman, United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit|
- South Carolina Bar, 1991
- District of Columbia Bar, 1989
- Past Chair, Wyche Executive Committee
- Foothills Philharmonic, Principal Bassoonist, 2005-Present
- National Association of College and University Attorneys, Member, 2003-Present
- Peace Center for the Performing Arts, Board Member and General Counsel, 2006-2012
- Greenville Rotary Club, Member, 1996-Present
- Greenville Little Theatre, Board Member and President, 2000-06
- Speech, Hearing & Learning Center, Board Member and President, 1995-2000
- Author, Wyche at Work
- The Connected Corporation: The Emerging Law of Social Media in the Workplace, Wyche In House Roundtable Talk, September 12, 2013
- Can Your Facebook Account Cost You Your Job?, as heard on the "South Carolina Business Review" with Mike Switzer broadcast on July 13, 2012
- Are Unpaid Interns Legal?, as heard on the "South Carolina Business Review" with Mike Switzer broadcast on June 28, 2012
- Doing Business in South Carolina Guide, co-author of Section VI: Employment and Labor Laws, updated August 2010
- Illegal Music Downloads: When It's Not Nice to Share, as heard on "South Carolina Business Review" with Mike Switzer broadcast on February 19, 2009
- Retaliation: Don't Get Mad, Don't Get Even, as heard on "South Carolina Business Review" with Mike Switzer broadcast on April 24, 2008
- You've Been Sued: Now What?, as heard on "South Carolina Business Review" with Mike Switzer broadcast on April 11 and 12, 2007
- Presented annual updates on federal employment law at a number of seminars
- Author, Notes, The Panopticon Revisited: The Problem of Monitoring Private Prisons, The Yale Law Journal, 1986
|2016 - Present||Named One of the Top 25 Lawyers in SC by South Carolina Super Lawyers|
|2012 - 2016||Recognized as "Legal Elite" by the Greenville Business Magazine|
|2011 - Present||Listed in Chambers USA|
|2008 - Present||Listed in Best Lawyers In America|
|2007 - Present||Listed in South Carolina Super Lawyers|